Sunday, November 1, 2015

NaNoWriMo...but not for me

About an hour and a half ago it became November 1st, the official beginning to NaNoWriMo for 2015. I love NaNoWriMo. I've done it several times, and it was responsible for the first three 50k+ word count stories I ever wrote. My first novel was written during NaNo, and while it was horrible it was very important to get done. My second was done during NaNo as well.

NaNoWriMo has been good to me. And yet, this year I won't be doing it. Why? Well, several reasons.

For one, October has been a very long month and November is going to be just as busy if not worse. Among other things, I may be moving and ending up in a house, and work has been busy to say the least. That's not all though.

Among other things, I'm already in the middle of a work I'm writing. For another, I have three or four other manuscripts that need editorial love and re-writing. Effectively, for this year, I'm basically booked up with writing, so NaNo is going to have to wait until next year.

I hope you have fun though, if you're doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment